We are growing and looking for a receptionist to manage our front desk and perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our firm. Duties include welcoming clients and guests, coordinating front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. This is a role that has a lot of client interaction so a positive approach to client interaction is essential to ensure the guests are welcomed and assisted positively. There are also some administrative components to this position.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
|JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS|
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Prior experience in a law firm a plus.
- Proven work experience as a receptionist, front office representative, or similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with standard office equipment.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
- Usual work hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a thirty-minute lunch. Overtime work may be required from time to time.
- Great benefits package, including paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, health benefits, and more.
If you are interested in having a conversation about joining our team, please provide your resume with a cover letter, references, and salary expectations to Lawanna Voci at Lawanna@nelsonlg.com.